When data analyses show that your company data does not meet your demands, or when concrete data management projects are planned, it is high time to deal with the data quality. Data Cleansing is the product from Uniserv, with which you can efficiently implement cleansing in batch processing. The cleansing tool extracts the necessary customer data from the source systems with connectors, cleanses postal data, enriches existing records with additional information, and identifies duplicates with their complex consolidation.
With data cleansing (or data scrubbing)you cleanse your data stocks according to your own rules or rely upon wide ranging Best Practice settings. Cleanse the conspicuous items you have interactively identified with the Uniserv Data Analyzer or discovered by automatic monitoring from Data Governance. With the Data Quality Service Hub from Uniserv, you present the data consistency necessary for your processes and applications.
- Data cleansing (or Data Scrubbing) extracts customer data from the widest range of source systems, databases, files and applications
- International address check validates, corrects and normalises addresses world-wide during batch processing, and performs error tolerant matching of address-specific elements against international reference data
- Validation and correction customer of any customer data required, by creating an individual rule set, e.g. by using the integrated rule editor
- Identification of duplicates in customer data with powerful matching algorithms and country-specific knowledge bases, both in B2C and B2B fields. Identity Resolution supports you with the challenge of searching and matching customer identity data
- Aggregation and consolidation of the customer data to create a golden record
- Enrichment of company master data with important supplementary information, such as geodata and x-y coordinates (geocoding)
- Transformation of data formats and dataset structures in a prescribed target format
- Loading cleansed, matched, consolidated and transformed customer data into one or more target systems – with the focus on fast and efficient processing of mass data
- Suitable for smaller cleansing projects with limited data quantities, as well for company-wide cleansing of very large data volumes
- User-friendly graphic editor, with which you can also create, visualise and document complex jobs
- The Unicode capability of data cleansing means that different written characters and country-specific character sets can be dealt with
- Flexible integration of the international address check in your business applications: as a traditional installation solution, or with Software as a Service, or by using the Uniserv Hybrid Model, which offers the advantages of both worlds
Data cleansing is a major step in the data quality process, whereby it is irrelevant as to whether it is a question of cleansing old systems of master data in connection with data migration projects, or for risk management, or for compliance. Cleansed customer data is also of great importance for realisation of customer orientation with the priority of data use in operative, specialist fields, e.g., for ensuring customer loyalty, or in dialogue and direct marketing.
Data cleansing creates optimal data quality in respect of being up-to-date, reliability and detailing levels. Data cleansing thereby forms the basis for higher information content, good analysis results and effective business processes.