Tips on DQ from the cloud
Find the right cloud for your customer master data in the Data Quality sky
These basic prerequisites will help you to make the right choice:
1. The actual requirements: The actual requirements are the main selection criterion for the right cloud solution. Costs, performance and operating comfort have to form a coherent whole to an even greater extent than in conventional models, in order to be able to take your demands and resources precisely into account.
2. Flat rate or use: Long-term rental models have no place in the cloud. The service should be invoiced solely according to "use" and not as a flat rate, so that a cloud computing solution can be used as flexibly in terms of costs as the range of functions promises.
3. Cost transparency: As is the case for all other services, the volume used must be invoiced transparently. As a result, you can see the cost of an individual data quality action at a glance and also the individual items which make up the total invoice amount.
4. Correct data: The solution must include the most important functions for data cleansing. The correction and optimization of the addresses, including the form of address key and deduplication, form the basis of every data quality management concept and ensure high-quality customer data.
5. Current data: In order to keep your customer data up-to-date, the cloud application should be provided with services for data matching, such as relocation and bereavement matching, Mailing Preference Service list (i.e. Robinson list), bank and credit card data.
6. Value enhancement: Data enrichment functions, e.g. to append geodata or telephone numbers, are also practical. This increases the value of the data for sales activities or facilitates the search for specific customers.
7. Integration capability: The possibility of integrating the DQ cloud solution in other applications, in order to have immediate access to the data quality functions from the current operating interface and to monitor and optimize the data quality as it is input, is particularly useful.
8. Hybrid solution: The combination of installed software and Data Quality on Demand has the advantage that volume tasks are undertaken by the installed software whereas special or non-recurring tasks or ad hoc jobs can be executed in the cloud.
9. User interface: The solution should be clearly structured and easy to understand. This means that all the basic functions and the costs/use should be displayed on the start page after the personal login. All the other functions, the user account settings and comprehensive help should be accessible via the start page with a single click.
10. Protection: The data may only be transferable in encrypted form. In addition to this, the cloud provider must be obliged to maintain secrecy and host the data either in an in-house data processing centre or in a certified data processing centre of a known service provider.