Customer Centricity - Just a dream?
Companies must master the challenge of keeping individual customers in focus and make them transparent and steerable in today’s diversified mass markets. To achieve this, a 360° Customer View is necessary.
Challenges for modern Marketing & Sales
Where the corner shop once remembered the wishes of about 150 customers; today’s modern companies have CRM and ERP systems, call centres, service hotlines, complaints administration, support portals, web shops, etc. But the common result is that customer information lies spread around different silos, in different departments and at different locations. Employees then have to work laboriously to find and collect it together.
When a unified platform for customer master data is unavailable, problems are inevitable. A heterogeneous data basis with obsolete and inaccurate address data and differing formats means that elaborately organised marketing campaigns pass by unnoticed, and unnecessarily increase postage costs. The profit margin of the marketing budget is endangered and marketing campaigns with critical timing are doomed to failure from the start. Missing segmentation characteristics make the choice of target group more difficult. To address the customer and enquirer with the right product at the right moment is more a case of luck than anything else.
Isolated solutions are used in the sales department, meaning that each representative has a personal storage of information and data. But this also means that with separate systems, but without interfaces, it is extremely difficult, e.g., to determine, if and when an enquirer becomes a customer.
Customer information often only enters the system when a product is actually sold and the related order is entered into the system. Any additional information remains in the heads of the sales staff or customer service. But if such an employee leaves the company at some point, the information is lost.
Effective CRM - Customer Relationship Management
Effective CRM means far more than just collecting customer data. When a company can fully exploit all available data (such as contractual data combined with usage data, or evaluation of surfing behaviour in the internet) on just one platform, the customer can be given precisely targeted offers and can be taken care of individually.
In a modern business with many thousands of customers, customer centering as defined in the corner shop principle can only function when the following pre-requirements are met:
- Complete Knowledge: The capability of collecting allavailable, unified and up-to-date customer information and making it available for all relevant employees, in real time, and throughout the entire business organisation.
- Micro-Segmentation: Communication and sales need finely controlled campaigns to ensure.
- Relevant Communication: Offers and campaign topics must match the current interests and needs of customers in real time.
- Perfect Timing: Campaigns that target the wrong person at the wrong time are negative customer experiences and a waste of money.
- Service Across Channels: A consistent, competent and targeted service experience during every customer contact is enormously important for loyalty and positive word-of mouth advertising.
The solution - Smart Customer MDM
The Uniserv Smart Customer MDM helps marketing and sales departments to achieve a unified, complete and up-to-date view of their customers and to make it available for all areas of the company. Employees have the information they need and customer care improves; employee satisfaction increases, the activities of sales and marketing are more transparent, controllable and steerable, and thereby more successful. In short: Better Data – Better Business!
- an all-inclusive view of all available information about the customer
- more efficient marketing and more effective sales activities
- accurate selection of target groups
- identification and increase of cross- and upselling potential
- rapid identification of a customer
- individual communication and a precisely targeted customer approach
- fundamental knowledge about your customers